TERMS & CONDITIONS
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on the Institute For Culinary Preservation and Research’s web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on the Institute For Culinary Preservation and Research’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by the Institute For Culinary Preservation and Research at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The materials on the Institute For Culinary Preservation and Research's web site are provided “as is”. The Institute For Culinary Preservation and Research makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, the Institute For Culinary Preservation and Research does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall the Institute For Culinary Preservation and Research or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on the Institute For Culinary Preservation and Research’s Internet site, even if the Institute For Culinary Preservation and Research or a Institute For Culinary Preservation and Research authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
Revisions and Errors
The materials appearing on the Institute For Culinary Preservation and Research’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. The Institute For Culinary Preservation and Research does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. The Institute For Culinary Preservation and Research may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. The Institute For Culinary Preservation and Research does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
The Institute For Culinary Preservation and Research has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by the Institute For Culinary Preservation and Research of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
By submitting your information, you agree to receive communications from the Institute For Culinary Preservation and Research about the monthly giveaway. You may also choose to receive occasional updates from the Institute For Culinary Preservation and Research.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. ODDS OF WINNING WILL DEPEND ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES RECEIVED. Must be 13+ at time of entry to participate. Eligibility and other restrictions apply. Sponsor: the Institute For Culinary Preservation and Research. Only one entry per person, per month.
Sponsored by the Institute For Culinary Preservation and Research ("Sponsor").
**See Prize Description for details.
NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
- Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins the 1st of every month at 12:00:01 AM Pacific Time ("PT") and ends on the last day of every month at 11:59:59 PM Pacific Time ("PT") (the "Sweepstakes Period").
- Eligibility: The Institute For Culinary Preservation and Research Monthly Cookbook Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open worldwide to individuals age thirteen (13) or older as of the date of entry, who have an active e-mail account and Internet access during the Sweepstakes Period. Entrants under the legal age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside (and at least 18) must have permission from their parents or legal guardians to participate. Canadian residents must correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question, if selected as a winner, in order to claim a prize. Employees of Sponsor and its parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, fulfillment or other coordinating agencies, individuals providing services to Sponsor through an outsourcer or temporary employment agency during the Sweepstakes Period, and their respective immediate family members and persons living in their same household, are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules ("Official Rules"). VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- To Enter: You may enter the Sweepstakes via an Online Entry. Visit globalgastros.com during the Sweepstakes Period and fill out the entry form and follow the directions for submitting your information. By submitting a complete entry form, you will be entered into the Sweepstakes drawing. Only one entry per person, per e-mail address is permitted. Entrants submitting multiple entries or violating any of these Official Rules may be disqualified.
- Prize Drawing: All Sweepstakes entries meeting the requirements of these Official Rules will be entered into the prize drawing, to be held the day following the Sweepstakes Period. The drawing will be conducted either by independent persons or a computer program that randomly chooses the winner, from all eligible entries received and the random selection is final and binding. The winner will be selected at random from among all eligible entries received.
- Prizes and Odds: The odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received. No cash or other substitution of prize is permitted, except at the sole option of Sponsor for a prize, of equal or greater value. Sponsor will not replace any lost, damaged or stolen prizes. Winners are solely responsible for any and all federal, state, provincial and local taxes, if any, that apply to prizes. The prize to be awarded from the Sweepstakes is as follows:
- ONE (1) FIRST PRIZE: A cookbook, chosen by an Institute For Culinary Preservation and Research representative which will be mailed to the chosen winner. The total Approximate Retail Value of the prize to be awarded in this Sweepstakes will vary depending on the cookbook chosen each month.
- Notification of Winners: Winners will be notified by e-mail within five (5) business days of the prize drawing, and may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release within seven (7) days of notification. Prizes won by minors will be awarded to the parents or legal guardians, who must sign all required affidavits and releases. If a selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim a prize and/or where applicable an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release is not timely received, is incomplete or modified, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected from remaining valid, eligible entries timely submitted. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail account specified in the entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
- General Rules: By entering the Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules. The Sweepstakes is offered by Sponsor, the Institute For Culinary Preservation and Research, which is not responsible for (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, postage-due, incomplete, illegible, misdirected or undeliverable entries, responses, or other correspondence, whether by e-mail or postal mail or otherwise; (ii) theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials; or (iii) phone, electrical, network, computer, hardware, software program or transmission malfunctions, failures or difficulties.
- By entering the Sweepstakes, you further agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold Sponsor and its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, sponsors and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, and assigns, and any other organizations related to the Sweepstakes, harmless, from any and all claims, injuries, damages, expenses or losses to person or property and/or liabilities of any nature that in any way arise from participation in this Sweepstakes or acceptance or use of a prize or parts thereof, including, without limitation, (i) any condition caused by events beyond Sponsor’s control that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted; (ii) any injuries, losses, or damages (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise) of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; and (iii) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. Winners agree to be bound by these Official Rules, and Sponsor’s decisions in all respects relative to the Sweepstakes are final.
- IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINESS OR PROFITS) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY ARISES FROM ANY CLAIM BASED UPON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT SPONSOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SPONSOR’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU ARISING WITH RESPECT TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES WILL NOT EXCEED $5. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
- Additional Conditions: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Sweepstakes and winning any prize, winner consents to the use of his/her name, photo and/or likeness, biographical information, entry and statements attributed to winner (if true) for advertising and promotional purposes, including without limitation, inclusion in Sponsor’s newsletters, and on the Sponsor’s website located at globalgastros.com, without additional compensation. All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Allow up to six (6) to eight (8) weeks for delivery of prize.
- Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part, in the event of fraud, technical or other difficulties or if the integrity of the Sweepstakes are compromised, without liability to the entrant. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or winner, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. The Sweepstakes are subject to these Official Rules and all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. As stated above, the Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law. By participating in these Sweepstakes, you acknowledge that you have read these Official Rules and agree to abide by them and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to the Sweepstakes. These Official Rules are governed by the law of the State of Arizona, excluding rules governing choice of laws.
Any claim relating to the Institute For Culinary Preservation and Research’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Arizona without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
The Institute For Culinary Preservation and Research operates the website GlobalGastros.com. It is the Institute For Culinary Preservation and Research's policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our websites.
Like most website operators, the Institute For Culinary Preservation and Research collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. The Institute For Culinary Preservation and Research’s purpose in collecting non-personally-identifying information is to better understand how the Institute For Culinary Preservation and Research’s visitors use its website.
From time to time, the Institute For Culinary Preservation and Research may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to the Institute For Culinary Preservation and Research’s website choose to interact with the Institute For Culinary Preservation and Research in ways that require the Institute For Culinary Preservation and Research to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that the Institute For Culinary Preservation and Research gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. In each case, the Institute For Culinary Preservation and Research collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with the Institute For Culinary Preservation and Research. The Institute For Culinary Preservation and Research does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
The Institute For Culinary Preservation and Research may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites. The Institute For Culinary Preservation and Research may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, the Institute For Culinary Preservation and Research does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
Protection of Personally-Identifying Information
The Institute For Culinary Preservation and Research discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on the Institute For Culinary Preservation and Research’s behalf or to provide services available at the Institute For Culinary Preservation and Research’s website, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using the Institute For Culinary Preservation and Research’s website, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. The Institute For Culinary Preservation and Research will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, the Institute For Culinary Preservation and Research discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when the Institute For Culinary Preservation and Research believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of the Institute For Culinary Preservation and Research, third parties or the public at large.
The Institute For Culinary Preservation and Research takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information. All personally-identifying information is securely stored via our Google Suite Nonprofit Business account and our third-party email service provider Lemlist. You may view their privacy policies for additional information.
Contest or Sweepstakes Entries
If you enter a promotion, sweepstakes or contest on our site, we require that you provide certain personally identifiable information, including but not limited to your name and email address. This information is necessary to process your Application and/or Complete Entry, contact you in response to your contest participation, and to improve the Institute For Culinary Preservation and Research customer experience. Types of contest related communications include Complete Entry Confirmation emails confirming your participation in a given promotion or contest, Thank You Emails thanking you for participation in a given promotion or contest, and Congratulations Emails advising you that you may have won or advanced to a new stage of a promotion or contest.
Newsletters & Email Communications
Website visitors have the option to subscribe to our email list and to request updates from our organization. If you submit your email, we will occasionally send you information on products, services, special promotions, contests, events, & opportunities to interact with the Institute For Culinary Preservation and Research and our community. You can sign up to receive these emails from us using our website sign up forms, after making a donation or purchase, and/or while entering into a sweepstake on our site. Signing up for the emails is not mandatory in any situation.
Out of respect for your privacy, we present the option NOT to receive these types of communications. Please see “Choice and Opt-out” section below for more details on how to unsubscribe or opt-out of communications from the Institute For Culinary Preservation and Research.
At times, we may post customer testimonials on our web site which may contain personally identifiable information. We obtain the customer’s consent via email and/or opt-in methods prior to posting a name, city, or stated activity/interest along with any testimonial.
Donations and/or Purchases
If the Institute For Culinary Preservation and Research, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event that the Institute For Culinary Preservation and Research goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of the Institute For Culinary Preservation and Research may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
Upon sweepstake entry, we provide you the option to NOT receive Newsletters & Special Promotions and Update emails from the Institute For Culinary Preservation and Research. We provide you the opportunity to ‘opt-out’ of having your personally identifiable information used for certain purposes, when we ask for this information.
If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each newsletter.
Also, in accordance with GDRP law you have the right to request information on what data we have about you (name, email, etc). You have the right to access, correct, and/or request we erase this data. To make a Subject Access Request, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide the requested information as soon as possible, not to exceed 30 days.